By Lee Sykes
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to limit which modules are available to use in the control panel of a DotNetNuke portal (Premium modules).
It is possible to choose which modules will be displayed in a portal by setting them to Premium modules. This functionality was originally created so that hosting providers could set a module as a premium module and choose which modules would be available to use for each portal in a DotNetNuke installation.
This option now has additional benefits for DotNetNuke v5 users. DotNetNuke v5, introduced the admin modules available to the control panel, this provides much needed functionality, but it also means that there is now a long list of modules to scroll through, and potentially it can confuse new administrators to a DotNetNuke portal.
In this tutorial we show you how to set a module to a premium module and also how to assign a module to a premium module in multiple portals and limit which modules are displayed in the admin control panel.
The video contains:
Video 1 - How to Limit Modules Available in the Control Panel (Premium Modules)
- Introduction and examples
- Demonstration of the current modules available to a default portal
- How to assign a module as a premium module within a portal
- How to just allow the HTML module to be available in the admin control panel
- How to edit the settings of a module
- How to select which portals a module should be assigned to
- How to assign the FileManager module to Portal 0 and to remove it from Portal 1
- How to view the modules available for each portal
Time Length: 7min 56secs