By Lee Sykes
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the new Ribbon Bar Admin Control Panel that is now available with DotNetNuke v5.4 onwards.
The Ribbon Bar is an enhanced version of the admin control panel which provides a more efficient way for administrators to manage their DotNetNuke websites.
The Ribbon Bar now has four tabs: Common Tasks, Current Page, Admin, and Host.
The Common Tasks tab enables you to quickly and easily create a new page directly in the control panel without having to use the page settings form, it also provides features such as add an existing module and copy the content from a module.
The Current Page tab provides additional functions such as move the page in the menu, select which skin the page should use, select if the page should be included in the menu and also the option to disable the menu.
The Admin and Host tabs provide immediate access to the contents of the admin and host menus. These functions have been included so that skin designers no longer have to include the admin and host menus within the main menu.
In this tutorial we demonstrate step by step how each of these functions work in the new Ribbon Control Panel.
The videos contain:
Video 1 - Introduction and Explanation of the Current Page Tab Functions
- How to switch between the ribbon bar control panel and the older icon bar control panel
- Overview of the new tabbed system
- Introduction to the common tasks menu
- Functions available in the actions section within the common tasks menu
- How to create a new page
- How to edit the page settings
- Functions available in the insert page section
- How to insert a new page and include it in the menu
- How to select a template for the page
- How to display / remove a page in the menu
- How to position a page within the menu
- Overview of the insert module section within the common tasks menu
- How to add a module, position and specify who can view a new module on a page
- Positioning a module between two other modules from the insert module section
- Adding a shadow of an existing module from another page
- How to insert a copy of an existing module from another page
Time Length: 12min 22secs
Video 2 - Functions for the Current Page, Admin and Host Tabs
- Overview of the current page tab and its subsections
- How to edit the current page settings
- How to create and configure a copy of the current page
- Renaming a page in the insert page section
- How to move the position of a page within the menu
- Changing the skin of the current page
- How to remove the page from the menu
- How to disable the current page
- How to re-enable the page
- How to copy the permissions of a parent page to child pages
- How to copy the skin settings of a parent page to child pages
- Overview of the admin menu tab
- Overview of the Host menu tab
- How to switch between portal sites from the host tab
Time Length: 10min 09secs
Total Time Length: 22min 31secs