By Lee Sykes
In this tutorial we demonstrate the new features for working with the security roles in DotNetNuke versions 4.3+ and 3.3.
DotNetNuke 4.3 / 3.3 provides new facilities for managing the security roles in your DotNetNuke portal more easily.
This tutorial demonstrates how to setup and use security role groups, how to use the new features for managing users in a security role, as well as working with the new RSVP code feature which allows users to automatically sign up to multiple security roles. (A great time saving device for users and administrators of your DNN portal).
This tutorial builds on the previous security role tutorials in issue 1
, so if you are new to using security roles, please watch these videos first
Video 1 - Security Roles new features, groups, managing users
- How to create a Security Role Group
- How to create a Security Role and assign it to a Role Group
- Viewing / Editing / Deleting Role Groups
- Page Settings and viewing the permissions using Filter by Group
- Module Settings and viewing the permissions using Filter by Group
- Managing Users in a Security Role
- Adding a Security Role - the advanced settings
- RSVP code
- How to create a Security Role with an RSVP code in order to give access to certain pages for specially invited guests.
- How to setup an RSVP code to allow a user to sign up to multiple security roles with a single RSVP code.
Time Length: 9min 2secs
Video 2 - Configuring the RSVP Security Role function
- Adding a page with the ‘Special Access’ security role (RSVP code access)
- Creating a second page with a different security role (same RSVP code access)
- Registering as a new user to the portal
- Entering the RSVP code
- Potential problems without confirmation of subscription
- Demonstration of the RSVP code allowing the user to sign up to multiple security roles
Time Length: 6min 36secs
Total Time Length: 15min 38secs