By Lee Sykes
This video tutorial demonstrates how to create an RSS feed using DotNetNuke.
- The various methods available for creating an RSS feed, from free to premium modules
- Choosing the most suitable modules for your RSS needs
Enabling an RSS feed within the DotNetNuke core modules works the same for all of the modules, this video tutorial demonstrates:
How to enable RSS Syndication in the DNN Announcements module
This video demonstrates:
- How to enable RSS Syndication within the DotNetNuke core modules
- How to enable syndication in the announcements module
- How the feed will be displayed within a website
- Viewing the feed in an on-line RSS reader such as pluck.com
Time Length: 5min
The tutorial then progresses to discuss:
- What are the other RSS options available?
- In particular, if you wish to create full articles / newsletters / ezines and place them into an RSS feed.
- Using Images and Links in RSS feeds
- The problems that occur when creating RSS feeds that contain images or links and the solution to the problems.
- Promotion - ‘Blog and Ping’ what is it anyway?
- An explanation of how to promote your RSS feed and how to inform the RSS directories that you have updated your feed.