By Lee Sykes
In this tutorial we demonstrate the new features that have been added to the User Profile section of DotNetNuke from version 5.4 onwards.
These features provide a more user friendly way for users to view and manage their profiles.
DotNetNuke has now introduced two new modules, the View Profile and Messaging Modules and these modules are now installed to a new page named User Profile by default.
The View Profile module allows a user to view their own profile and the messaging module allows users to send and receive private messages to other registered users.
The user profile has also been updated to allow the uploading of images, this means that a user can now upload a photograph for their profile image.
This tutorial walks you through each of these new User Profile features in detail.
How to Manage Profile Properties in User Accounts for DotNetNuke
The videos contain:
Video 1 - The User Profile Page
- Introduction to the View Profile and Messaging Module
- Registering as a new user
- How to edit the user profile
- Editing details in the manage profile menu
- How to change the visibility of user details in the manage profile menu
- How to upload an image to a profile
- Entering a biography
- Setting a time zone and preferred locale
Time Length: 7min 0secs
Video 2 - The Private Messaging System
- How to compose a new message
- Validating a username
- How to send a message to another user on the site
- How to save a message as a draft
- Finding out if you have received a new message
- Reading a new received message
- How to reply to a message
- How to mark a read message as unread
- How to mark several messages and mark them as read
- Deleting a message
- Understanding how the user profile page is setup and configured
- How to create your own custom user profile page
Time Length: 8min 4secs
Total Time Length: 15min 4secs
If you have any comments or questions for this tutorial, please ask them in this User Profile v5.4