By Lee Sykes
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to configure which modules a non-administrator can add to a page.
In previous tutorials we have demonstrated how you can setup premium modules so that specific modules are only available to certain portals
and we have also demonstrated how to limit access to administrator modules in DotNetNuke 5
In this tutorial we walk you through how to configure which modules a non-administrator can add to a page. This applies to user where you have given them edit permissions for a page, but they do not have full administration access privileges. In DotNetNuke 5, we can select which modules a user can add to a page based on their security roles.
The video contains:
Video - How to Configure Which Modules Non-Administrators Can Add to a Page
- How to create a security role 'Member of Staff" for editing a page
- How to add a new user and assign the security role to the user
- How to create a new page and give edit permissions to 'Member of Staff'
- Logging in as the 'Member of Staff' user
- Demonstration that the user does not have access to add a new module to the page
- How to edit the extension settings for a module
- How to set deploy permissions for a module
- Enabling deploy permissions for 'Member of Staff' security role
- How to deny deploy permissions for a module
- Providing access to the HTML and Banners module
- Testing as a 'Member of Staff' user
Time Length: 9min 25secs