In this tutorial we walk you through how to install and use the DNNBackup module from Evotiva. This module is an impressive backup and restore utility boasting features such as automatic backups to remote servers such as FTP, Amazon S3 and Rackspace Cloudfiles. It can also operate on shared servers such as GoDaddy, WebHost4Life, DiscountASP and PowerDNN. In this tutorial we show you how to create detailed backup schedules and we demonstrate how to restore your backup to a new DotNetNuke installation using the DNNBackup Restore Pack.
The videos contain:
- Video 1 - Introduction, How to Download and Install the DNNBackup Module
- Video 2 - How to Configure Database and File System Backups
- Video 3 - General Settings and FTP Setup
- Video 4 - Setting up Scheduling
- Video 5 - Setting up a New Localhost Website Ready for Website Restoration
- Video 6 - Restoring to a New Website from a DNN Backup
- Video 7 - Restoring the File System from a DNN Backup
Total Time Length: 62min 22secs
This is a 24 minute podcast discussion between Lee Sykes (DNNCreative) and David Finley from InteractiveWebs.com recorded on the 30th of October 2010. In this Podcast we talk through the importance of comprehensive and reliable website backups. There are several different backup options available to a DotNetNuke webmaster and we have a detailed look into each method and talk about the advantages and reliability of each.
This podcast covers the following subjects:
- The importance of a backup
- Lees horror story
- Check that the backup works
- How to backup your DotNetNuke files and folders
- How to backup your DotNetNuke SQL database
- How to automate your backups with DotNetNuke hosting
- Plesk and hosting control panels
- Microsoft backup service
- Semantic backup services
- Backing up to the cloud, Amazon S3
- Evotiva DNNBackup module
- Papayas Auto Upgrade module
Total time: 23min 33secs
DNNBackup provides full backup and restore of any DotNetNuke Installation (complete DNN instances). The restore can be made back to the source server or to a new destination.
DNNBackup is perfect for moving DNN installations from your local development machine to a deployment server, from a remote server to another remote server or for archival purposes. Power users are free to customize many options. This Backup and Restore DotNetNuke module will work on ANY ISP, including shared servers like GoDaddy, WebHost4Life, Discount ASP and PowerDNN. DNNBackup is the evolution of BackupNative and BackupScript modules.