This is a podcast with Lee Sykes from DNN Creative Magazine and David Finley from InteractiveWebs recorded on October 30th 2010.
In this podcast we discuss the importance of backups and why relying on your hosting provider to backup your website is not enough. We cover a personal horror story from not backing up and we talk about the various ways to backup your DNN websites, how to automate backups, how to send them to the cloud and the DotNetNuke modules that are available for creating backups and upgrading your DotNetNuke websites.
This podcast covers the following subjects:
- The importance of a backup
- Lees horror story
- Check that the backup works
- How to backup your DotNetNuke files and folders
- How to backup your DotNetNuke SQL database
- How to automate your backups with DotNetNuke hosting
- Plesk and hosting control panels
- Microsoft backup service
- Semantic backup services
- Backing up to the cloud, Amazon S3
- Evotiva DNNBackup module
- Papayas Auto Upgrade module
Total time: 23min 33secs
If there are any subjects you would like us to discuss in the podcast please submit your request in the Podcasts
section of the DNN Creative Forum.
Keep up to date with the latest podcasts at dotnetnukepodcast.com