By Lee Sykes
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the Markit PageEar module. The PageEar module allows you to place Page Peel advertisements on your DotNetNuke websites.
You may have also heard names for this ad type such as Magic Corner, Peel Ad and Peel Away Ad.
The module is available for free from www.markitmodules.com
All you have to do to set this module up is create two images. The first is a 100x100 pixel image which is displayed when you do not hover over the page peel, and the second is a 500 x 500 pixel image that is displayed when you view the page peel.
There are various options for configuring the display of the page peel such as mirror images, movement speed, specify placement of the page peel at the top right or top left, option to open and close the page peel after # seconds of time, as well as options to play background music and sounds when opening and closing the page peel.
In this tutorial we walk you through installation and how to fully configure this module.
The videos contain:
Video 1 - Introduction, Installation, Configuration
- How to download and install the module
- How to add the module to the page
- Module Configuration: Display, Images, Sound
- Images: How to upload the small and big images to the module
- Viewing the PageEar module
- Notes for creating images in the PageEar module
- Display options
- Mirror images
- Close by Click
- Speed of peel animation
- Open and Close Automatically after # seconds
Time Length: 11min 19secs
Video 2 - Configuration, Displaying the Module
- Display direction
- Soft fade in
- How to create the PageEar URL link
- Sound options
- How to setup background music, open and close sounds
- How to configure DotNetNuke to allow mp3 file uploads
- How to configure the module display on a page
- How to remove the container for the module
- How to display the PageEar module on all pages
Time Length: 9min 03secs
Total Time Length: 20min 22secs