By Lee Sykes
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to setup and use the DotNetNuke core Survey module.
The Survey module allows you to conduct surveys with the visitors of your website. This can be really useful for market research, event planning, customer feedback, product planning, as well as education and training.
Surveys can be setup so that they have closing dates and the results of the survey can be exported as a csv file which allows you to import the data into a programme such as Microsoft Excel.
It is also possible to configure the module to test the user. When the user clicks on submit, the Survey Module will show the users' answers and highlight the correct answers.
The survey results display using templates, this allows you to configure the display of the survey results to suit the design of your skin.
The videos contain:
Video 1 - Introduction, Installing the Survey Module and Creating Questions
- Installing the survey module to your DotNetNuke installation
- Creating a page to insert the survey module into
- How to insert the survey module into a page
- How to add a single selection question into your survey
- Explanation of single and multiple answer question type
- How to use the view order option
- Adding answer options to a survey question
- How to reorder or delete the answer options
- Adding a multiple answer question into your DNN survey
Time Length: 9min 57secs
Video 2 - Editing Questions, Changing Survey Settings and Creating a Private Survey
- How to edit a question
- Filling out a survey and viewing the results
- Survey Settings
- Setting a closing date for a survey
- Changing the bar graph width
- How to track voting by cookies or by single registered user votes
- Making the survey results private
- Explanation of the survey result template
- Clearing cookies from your browser with Web Developer Toolbar
- Demonstration of a survey
- How to view the results of a survey
- How to export and view survey results as a CSV file in Microsoft Excel
Time Length: 10min 01secs
Video 3 - Clearing Survey Results, The Correct Answer Option
- How to clear and delete the survey results
- Creating a second survey module on the same page
- How to add single selection questions with correct answers
- Viewing the results of a survey with correct answers
Time Length: 4min 9secs
Total Time Length: 24min 7secs