By Lee Sykes
In this video tutorial we demonstrate working with Portal Templates in DotNetNuke.
Portal Templates allow you to export a template of a DotNetNuke portal. A template includes the pages, modules, skins and containers used within the DotNetNuke portal, and you can select whether or not to include the content from each of the modules.
Templates can be useful for:
- Transferring data from one DotNetNuke installation to another, ie. Transferring content from a localhost installation to a live website, or transferring content from one portal to another.
- Creating default content for a portal. If you are adding several portals to your DotNetNuke installation, you can specify a template to use for the initial content. This means that you can quickly setup a DotNetNuke portal to display a default set of pages, modules and skins, and can really speed up the setup time of a DotNetNuke portal.
All of these elements are explained step by step.
- How to create a template of a portal
- Selecting which portal template to export
- Including the module content from a portal within a template
- Viewing the template files in the DotNetNuke installation
- How to use the Site Wizard
- How to install a template to an already existing portal
- How to install a template automatically when creating a new portal
Time Length: 11min 28secs