By Lee Sykes
In this video tutorial we demonstrate working with Portal Aliases in DotNetNuke.
Portal Alias is a very useful function in DotNetNuke. It allows you to point multiple domain names to the same portal.
You can take advantage of the Portal Alias function when transferring a live DotNetNuke website to a localhost installation or vice versa, making it easy to test any changes to your website.
Portal Alias can also be used to convert a child portal into a parent portal with a unique domain name.
All of these elements are explained step by step.
Video 1 - Portal Alias
- An explanation of Portal Alias
- How to add a Portal Alias
- Pointing multiple domains to the same portal
- Settings for transferring a live website to a localhost installation or vice versa
- How to edit and delete a Portal Alias
- How to convert a child portal into a parent portal using Portal Alias
- How to set the Host Headers in your hosting providers control panel
- How to add the Portal Alias for the parent portal
- Clearing the cache so DotNetNuke can use the new settings
- Viewing the parent portal
- How to remove the child portal alias settings
Time Length: 10min 42secs