1. How to Create a Stackable Heading DNN Theme With Slinky JS - Introduction and Theme Setup
Jan 01, 2017
In this tutorial we walk you through how to create a DNN theme using the wonderful Slinky JS jQuery plugin.
There are many useful jQuery plugins for creating interesting UI effects, and one of my absolute favorites is Slinky JS.
The Slinky JS produces a nice stacked headings effect, very effective in notifying the user of what content is available on the page without the need of a table of contents or a usability error-prone accordion system.
Upon page load, all the section headings are stacked at the bottom of the page, and as the user scrolls down the page, upon entering a new section of content, the heading will then scroll up to the top of the page where it will stack along with any other previous headings.
This video contains:
- Installing the DNNC Basic theme
- Overview of Slinky JS markup
- Creating the slinky markup inside a DNN theme
- Adding the required Slinky JS CSS