1. Typography for DNN8 Themes - Introduction, Default.css, Default Browser Typography
Sep 01, 2016
In this tutorial we are demonstrating how to achieve top quality responsive typography for your DNN8 themes.
We will walk through to how to choose the perfect fonts for headings and body copy, how to apply these fonts to your theme and how to achieve good readability on all screen sizes.
Good typography is absolutely the most important aspect on a modern website, and for at least a decade, DNN has had a bad rep for looking bland and corporate. Fortunately this has begun to change, but there are several things, as developers, we must learn.
Type must be comfortable to read, all the way to the end of the article, to help with this, we must choose the correct fonts, the correct font size, and line heights.
This video contains:
- Overview of the basic theme
- How to switch from the DNN7 default.css to DNN8 default.css
- Why switch default.css files?
- Accessing the Chrome Developer Tools
- Inspecting a heading element
- About default browser typography behavior