By Lee Sykes
In this tutorial we continue the XHTML compliance tutorials from issue 19. Since the tutorials were released, a few additional code changes were discovered through discussions in the forum on DNN Creative, so, this tutorial outlines those additional changes.
In the issue 19 tutorials we used DotNetNuke v4.4, for this tutorial we use v4.5.1 and we outline any differences between the 2 versions.
We also demonstrate how to enable the account login module to become XHTML compliant, this involves editing the core code using Visual Studio 2005. We have created a separate tutorial so that you can learn how to install the DotNetNuke source code using Visual Studio 2005
If you do not own Visual Studio 2005 we have included with the video tutorials the core code file changes so that you can quickly and easily download the files and upload them to your portal.
Note: Make sure you test these core code changes before using them in a production environment; we take no responsibility for corrupted portals, loss of data etc. from using these core code changes.
- XHTML compliance in 4.5.1
- default.aspx file in 4.5.1
- web.config in 4.5.1
- The Text / HTML module, DNN 4.4 causes validation errors
- 4.5 is now fixed and demonstration of the changes needed for 4.4
- Displaying modules without a container causes validation errors (4.5 and 4.4)
- Editing the No Container file
- Illegal HTML characters for the _dnnVariable
- How to edit the ClientAPICaps.config
Time Length: 8min 44secs
- How to enable the Account Login module to become XHTML compliant
- Demonstrating 5 validation errors
- Explanation of the dnn.js file attribute error
- Opening the source code files in Visual Studio 2005
- How to edit the ClientAPI.vb file
- How to build the solution
- How to fix the tabindex error
- How to close the break tag errors
- How to fix the height error in the table row
- Demonstration of the validation pass and the XHTML compliant account login module
Time Length: 8min 13secs
Total Time Length: 16min 57secs
How to install DotNetNuke v4.5 Source Code to Windows XP Professional using Visual Studio
How to configure an XHTML compliant DotNetNuke 4.4