By Lee Sykes
In this tutorial we demonstrate working with Question Events in DataSprings Dynamic Forms module. Question Events allow users to be prompted with new questions they were not previously privileged to, hide questions they were previously privileged to, or set the default value of a field.
In this tutorial we demonstrate how you can show and hide form fields dependant on responses from other fields.
For this example we create a form that requests financial information. One of the form fields requests ‘Residential Status’ and dependant on the users response, ie. Homeowner with mortgage, Private tenant etc. the form will display further field questions related to their Residential Status.
Question Events make your forms much more powerful, flexible and user friendly as they only display form fields that are related to the users’ details.
Before viewing this tutorial, make sure that you watch the Dynamic Forms Quick Start Guide
The videos contain:
Video 1 - Introduction, Creating Additional Fields for the Question Events
- Introduction to Question Events
- Example of the Question Events in action
- How to create additional fields for ‘Homeowner With Mortgage’
Time Length: 9min 07secs
Video 2 - Advanced Wizard and Question Events to Display Hidden Form Fields
- How to hide the ‘Homeowner With Mortgage’ fields using the Advanced Wizard
- How to create a New Question Event
- How to show the ‘Homeowner With Mortgage’ fields based on another questions response
- Initiation/ Postback Question
- Initiation Response
- How to edit a question event
- Testing the question event
- How to create a Label field
- How to create a question event inside a question event
- Display hidden question based on another questions response
Time Length: 10min 43secs
Total Time Length: 19min 50secs