By Lee Sykes
In this tutorial we demonstrate working with data in the DataSprings Dynamic Forms module. We show you how to view the data that the Dynamic Forms module captures, how to setup a message to display when a user clicks on the submit button and how to import and export forms that you have created into other Dynamic Forms Modules.
The Import / Export feature is very useful as it allows you to reuse forms you have previously created for other projects. When you want to reuse a form, you simply export it from the Dynamic Forms module and then import it into a new Dynamic Forms Module for your new project.
It is also useful for viewing some of the additional form examples that DataSprings provide, you can simply import one of their demo forms, view how they have set it up and adjust it to suit your own project.
Before viewing this tutorial, make sure that you watch the Dynamic Forms Quick Start Guide
The videos contain:
Video 1 - Introduction, Submit Button, Submit Message
- How to display a message when the user clicks on submit
- Setup Module Configuration, general settings
- How to align the submit button, question labels, hide help icons
- How to enable a message to be displayed after initial save
- Header / Footer / System Messages
- How to edit the message to the user when they click on submit
- Submit / Link Button
- How to change the submit button type and edit the text of the button
Time Length: 7min 18secs
Video 2 - Managing Captured Data, Importing and Exporting Forms
- How to view the data captured by the form
- How to export all data results to Microsoft Excel
- How to export the form
- How to import the form to a new dynamic forms module
- How to import form demonstrations from DataSprings
Time Length: 6min 03secs
Total Time Length: 13min 21secs