By Lee Sykes
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to quickly update the Page Settings of a DotNetNuke page through the use of SQL queries.
Using SQL queries to update Page Settings can help to speed up your administration time. All you have to do is enter the Tab ID number of the page you wish to update into your query and all of the settings are applied in seconds.
You can use SQL queries to update any of the options within the Page Settings, for instance you can update the title, description, skin, container, page header tags, etc.
The techniques used in this tutorial are very useful when you are updating multiple pages at once on an already established website as it can really help to speed up your administration time.
Introduction to using SQL queries with SQL Server Express and DotNetNuke
The videos contain:
Video 1 - Introduction, Creating Test Page, Changing the Skin using SQL
- Creating a test page and applying the Page Settings you require
- How to view the contents of a the Tabs table in SQL Server
- An explanation of the columns in the Tabs table and the Page Settings they apply to
- How to change the skin of a page using a SQL query
Time length: 9min 7secs
Video 2 - Updating further Page Settings, Grouping SQL Queries together
- How to update the Container Source of a page using SQL
- How to update the Page Head Text using SQL
- How to group SQL queries together using a variable
- How to find the data type of a column within a table
- How to view the updates
- How to restart the DNN application to view the changes
Time length: 10min 4secs
Total time length: 19min 11secs