By Richard Wootton
This is a 32min video interview with Paul Deschenes from Advologix.com discussing Software as a Service (SaaS) and an application he has developed using ListX.
In this video interview Paul shows us some of the features of Advologix's new SaaS application, AdvologixPM, and its advantages for the law firms that use it.
AdvologixPM (Advologix Practice Management) is a comprehensive, web hosted, client and office management application for law firms and other service-oriented businesses in the legal industry. AdvologixPM was created to fill the void in the technology and software options available to legal industry for managing their businesses.
We discuss the process of developing a SaaS application and the benefits of Software as a Service over store purchased products. Paul then shows us an example of how he set up the ListX module and finally how to manage a SaaS architecture within DotNetNuke.
- Paul Deschenes Background
- What is SaaS (Software as a Service)?
- Walkthrough AdvologixPM
- Advantages of using DotNetNuke for SaaS
- Advantages of using AdvologixPm for law firms
- What planning is required for building a SaaS site?
- Identifying your market, the Legal industry
- Demonstration of logging in as an employee of the law firm
- Have you gone through many design changes?
- A walkthrough of the features to help a law firm manage their business
- Notifications, tasks, issues on your cases
- Quick menu
- Main menu – the major objects, group calendar
- Case matters
- Document management
- Employees and logins
- External facing website
- Prospects - leads
- Full featured reporting, SQL Reports
- Time, Billing, Invoice system
- Outlook Toolbar
- Online Support System
- Setup / Admin area to configure it for each law firm
- The focus is you when you log in
- Researching a CRM service
- The modules, R2i ListX, OWS (Open Web Studio) and jQuery
- Skills required to build a SaaS application
- Example of setting up ListX
- ListX Skin Objects
- Example of Employee List using ListX
- Working with multiple portals
- SQL Query
- Search bar, header and list item
- Extending the Functionality
- 80 modules interacting together
- Google Calendar
- How long to develop?
- How do you manage a SaaS architecture within DotNetNuke?
- Data Backup and Security
- Multi-Tennant Architecture