By Lee Sykes & Richard Wootton
This is a discussion between Lee Sykes and Richard Wootton recorded on the 13th of October 2008.
Lee attended the OpenForce SDN Europe conference on the 6th/7th October and reports back on the event. Covering the DotNetNuke presentations, DotNetNuke 5 Cambrian new features and information on its release, along with feedback on the overall event.
This podcast covers the following subjects:
- Sunday arrival
- DotNetNuke Sessions
- Stefan Cullman
- UDT module v5, Forms and Lists module
- Building a form
- Excel spreadsheets for populating the Forms and Lists module
- Chris Hammond
- Administration and Optimization for DotNetNuke 5
- Installing DotNetNuke new features
- SMTP configuration
- One database script
- Admin Module Separation
- Shaun Walker presentation
- Installing modules, skins etc. new format
- Upgrading information
- New skin installation options
- Skin manifest file
- Release date of DNN 5 cambrian
- Bugs in DNN 5
- DNN releases over cycles
- Social networking and widgets
- Core module suites
- Dynamic content localization
- Admin UI and skinning engine
- No breaking changes
- Why has it taken so long to release DNN5?
- When to upgrade?
- Deny Permissions, deny access to a user
- OpenForce Vegas and Europe
- Requests for tutorials
Time Length: 24mins
If there are any subjects you would like us to discuss in the podcast please submit your request in the Podcasts
section of the DNN Creative Forum.
Keep up to date with the latest podcasts at dotnetnukepodcast.com