Engage: Publish was developed with the purpose of allowing a portal administrator to easily implement an article management process into their web site, complete with versioning and multiple role capabilities.
Updated October 2006
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the DotNetNuke announcements module.
The announcements module is useful for directing the visitors of your website to the latest content that you have created. Typically you will see the announcements module in use on the home page of a website.
Announcements consist of a title and description with the option of linking to a file, page, or a URL.
The videos cover:
- Video 1 – Introduction, adding the various announcement types
- Video 2 – Configuring the announcement module settings, editing, deleting
Total Time Length: 19minsDotNetNuke Announcements Module
This Announcement Module, lets you add any MultiMedia File; i.e. Flash, Movie or Image to each of your Announcements. It also hyperlinks the Image, automatically and you can specify extra details, which can be seen via an additional link provided at the end of each Announcement.
This is a DotNetNuke 3.x module, that is able to show multiple pages of content inside a single module. The pages are normal Text/Html pages that can be edited in a normal form text area box, or with the wysiwyg graphical editor (free text editor) which comes bundled with your DotNetNuke installation
Extremely simple module
The user can add as many quotes as they require and the system will only show one at a time.
A simple versioning control system that integrates with the existing Text/HTML module. Featuring easy installation, full and seamless integration with DNN3 (including search).
This module automates the transfer of all existing Text/HTML content into the equivalent OTS ContentManager format for version control. Similarly, removing the module will leave the site running with standard Text/HTMLs in place with the current version of the content.
The OTS ContentManager was designed with one principle in mind – to support efficient content production.
Comprehensive Workflow + Content Management system for DotNetNuke.
Complete replacement for Text/HTML module.
This is an independant
review of Rogue Proeliator News Items Module for DotNetNuke® V3.x by Lee Sykes.
Alongside the review are 4 Video Tutorials totalling 24 minutes to demonstrate the modules features and possible uses.
The News Items module allows the user to maintain a list of announcements and news briefs. The module is an expansion of the DotNetNuke® Core Announcements Module.
The News Items module supports the following components for each News Item:
- Headline & News Text
- "Audit" showing posted-by user and time
- News Commentary
- Parent-Child list relationship with links
- Customizable Read More link
- Auto View Order: Allows you to easily adjust the view order for all items in the module
- Manage Expired Items: Provides a way to view, edit and delete items for the module which have passed the Expiration Date.
This is an independent
review of Orizonti's Nuke News for DotNetNuke® V3.1 by Lee Sykes.
Alongside the review are 8 Flash Tutorials totalling 30 minutes to demonstrate the modules features and possible uses.
Throughout these eight videos we work through practical examples of using the module with a football news website.
According to Orizonti, NukeNews was designed from the need to easily allow news submissions and approvals, categorization and posting, flexible archiving and display of archives and finally a flexible, customizable themed look.
- News can be submitted by selected role
- News can be "auto-approved" or require approval before posting
- Email Notification of new submissions needing approval
- News is categorized by customized category list and displayed with associated category image
- CSS "Theme-able". Includes two CSS themes and any number may be easily added
- Flexible archiving options for each article include: never archive, module configured # days, or a specified date
- Always show # of articles ensures no "empty" modules from archiving
- Archived news is automatically categorized by Month/Year
- News syndication via RSS
- Article rating and comments
- Editable Post Date allows “Release Date“ for posting articles in future which aren't displayed until post date.
- Searchable via DNN3 site searches
- RSS Feed now customizable.
- Permalinks included with RSS feeds
- Editable Comments
This is a Free independent
review of Efficion Consulting’s Articles Module V3.1.5 and V3.2 Beta for DotNetNuke® V3.1 by Lee Sykes.
Alongside the review are 9 Flash Video Walk Throughs / Tutorials totalling 41 minutes to demonstrate the modules features and possible uses.
Throughout these nine videos we work through practical examples of using the module with a music website.
The Articles module is basically an extension of the core's Announcements module. It adds several useful features including: listing can include an automatically thumbnailed image, article archives, searching, and Article details with Rich Text Editing (or option to link to Internal or External Page).
- Rich Text Editing: Users can create content through a Rich Text Editor
- Search: Users can search all articles in the portal
- Archive: Users can view all articles by clicking on the More Articles... link. Alternatively a custom link can be input to display a particular page or subset of articles
- Images: An image can be displayed for each article. Thumbnails are automatically generated based on a configrable MaxWidth parameter
- Featured Articles: allows users to mark an Article as Featured and the Article List has an option to display only featured articles
- Admins can choose which fields they want displayed in the ListView
- Site Wide option: The Article List can display Articles from anywhere in the portal, not just articles specific to the module in which they were created
- Incorporates Efficion's Categories Module to allow for filtering by category
, Free Content
, Modules: Articles, News, Announcements
, Reviews: Modules: Articles, News, Announcements
, Modules: FREE