3. Working with Skin Layouts and Dimensions
Sep 01, 2014
In this tutorial we walk you through how to customize premium DNN skins.
To purchase and customize a skin can be a much quicker process than to create a skin from scratch.
Many modern skins come packaged with some kind of control panel for basic customization but they don’t always allow you to fully customize the skin to your exact requirements.
With a few useful techniques you will be able to adapt pretty much any part of a skin. We will demonstrate how to change or add background images and patterns, pane layouts, color schemes, fonts and even skin objects such as breadcrumb trails and login links.
We will be taking advantage of the powerful developer tools within the Chrome browser to inspect and change our skin.
We demonstrate these techniques using the following skins:
This video contains:
- How to duplicate a skin section
- Setting individual CSS classes
- Setting individual content pane IDs
- How to style a duplicated section independently
- How to adjust the height of a content slider