1. Introduction to the DotNetNuke Core Forum Module
Jan 01, 2011
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the core DotNetNuke forum module.
The forum module allows users to have conversations in the form of posted messages. Each forum post is called a thread and includes a subject title and content.
The DotNetNuke core forum module has many configuration possibilities, these include setting up the forum so only certain users with security roles can view or post messages as well as require posted messages to be moderated.
Other options include quoting existing posts, allowing attachments, pinning and locking posts, emailing replies and managing user settings such as rankings, avatars, word filters and creating polls.
This module should cover most of your requirements for a forum in your DotNetNuke website.
This video contains:
- Introduction, module features
- Overview of a previously configured forum
- Overview of threads and posting within a forum
- How to install the core Forum Module in DotNetNuke
- Creating a new page for the forum
- Adding the forum module to the new page
open source module