4. Implementing the DDR Superfish and Mega Menu
Nov 01, 2010
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the DDR Menu by DNN Garden in your DotNetNuke skins.
The DDR Menu can be used in several ways, it can be simply dropped in as a direct upgrade replacement of the SolPart and DNN Nav Menus without having to recode all of your skin CSS.
The menu can use pre-built templates which provide a combination of jQuery and CSS menus. The DDR menu comes with a Treeview menu, Superfish menu, Accordion menu, Dropdown menu, Artisteer menu and a Mega-menu template.
It is also possible to build your own custom menu templates as well as add the menu to a page as a module or skin object.
This video contains:
- Adding the register code for the Superfish menu
- How to add the DDR menu Superfish control code into your skin file
- Extracting and installing the Superfish Menu template into the skin folder
- Demonstration of the Superfish menu applied to a page
- Locating the superfish CSS file to edit the styling of the menu
- How to change the background color of the DDR Superfish menu items
- Installing a new simple skin for use with the DDR Mega Menu
- Adding the register code for the DDR menu
- How to add the DDR Mega Menu code into your skin file
- How to install the DDR Mega template into the DNN installation Desktop Modules folder
- Demonstration of the Mega menu applied to a page
- How to download and install the DNN Garden DDR Menu