2. How to Setup the Default Country, Tax and How to Customize the Checkout
Dec 01, 2010
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the Smith Cart DNN Module by Smith Consulting.
This module has all of the key features that you would expect from a store module, but it is also user friendly for setup and also usability for your customers.
The module allows you to create unlimited products, categories and sub-categories. You can sell downloadable or physical goods, create bundles, it has integrated custom shipping features, print labels, tax calculations, credit card processing, support for coupons, discounts and gift certificates, affiliate tracking and an account module for a user to check their order.
The module also comes with a 200 page manual which covers the full setup of the module in detail for your reference and also has good support from the forums at smith-consulting.com if you have any questions.
- Unlimited products, categories and sub categories
- Separate categories module can be customized and placed in any pane
- Custom product attributes supported
- Product attributes support price and weight adjustments
- Multiple images per product. Image dynamically changes when product attribute changes
- 1, 2, 3 and 4 column product layouts supported
- Bundled products
- Sell downloadable or physical goods.
- Ability to configure as product catalogue. Module settings to show/hide prices, quantity, sku and add to cart button
- User entered amounts supported
- Rich text editor support for product description
- Multiple Catalogues per store supported
- Recurring billing support with Authorize.Net and First Data payment gateways
- Real time USPS, UPS and UPS Worldship shipping rates
- Custom shipping methods/costs
- Separate domestic and international handling charge configurable in module settings
- Print labels and postage
- Real time tax calculation
- Products configurable as taxable or non taxable
- VAT/GST Tax
- Real time credit card processing (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover, JCB)
- Real time ACH eCheck processing with account number and routing number verification
- Mini Cart Module
- Automated email order confirmations to customer, store administrator and fulfilment house
- Support for coupons and discounts
- Affiliate tracking support
- My Account module for user to check their order
- Printable invoice
This video contains:
- Explanation of the different options available when selecting a shipping method.
- Entering a store zip code
- Selecting a shipping tax calculation option
- How to set the Smith Cart default country, state/region and the default store currency
- How to set up tax within Smith Cart
- Configuring the general Smith Cart options
- How to enable the wishlist/save cart feature
- Editing and customizing checkout step 1
- How to add a ‘How did you hear about us?’ dropdown list to checkout step 1
3rd party module