2. How to Set Up DNN 7 to be 100% HTML5 Compliant
Mar 01, 2015
In this tutorial we are going to demonstrate how to make a DNN site and theme comply with the recently finalized HTML5 specification.
In the past, it has been extremely difficult, almost impossible to make a DNN site or theme HTML5 compliant.
The problem we had was that DNN would automatically add non HTML5 compliant meta tags and other markup into the source code of our pages. There was no way for us to remove this non-compliant markup without hacking core DNN files.
Fortunately, with the recent release of DNN 7.4, this task has been much improved. We, as developers can now, quite easily, set up a DNN site and create DNN themes that both comply with HTML5 compliance rules.
This tutorial will be split into two parts. Firstly we’ll convert the Bootstrap 3 skin we created in a previous tutorial to HTML5, then we'll set up DNN 7.4 to be fully HTML5 compliant.
This video contains:
- Pre DNN 7.4 HTML5 Compliance Issues
- DNN 7.4 Illegal meta tags cleanup
- Introduction to the new DNN 7.4 page output settings
- How to remove the default anchor tags with illegal name attributes
- How to fix the illegal autocomplete="off" illegal attribute validation error