1. How to Build a Module for DotNetNuke 6 - Setting up DNN and Visual Studio
Nov 01, 2011
Building High-Performance modules in DNN6 with C# 4.0, LINQ2Entities, and Visual Studio 2010
In this DotNetNuke training series we show you how to build High-Performance modules in DotNetNuke6 with .NET 4, LINQ2Entities, and Visual Studio 2010.
We will be covering the entire process from start to finish, including how to setup Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, connecting to the DotNetNuke database, implementing the module, how to design your module for future development and creating controller classes.
After completing the module, we show you how to take advantage of DotNetNukes caching features to vastly improve module performance and then we cover Visual Studio debugging techniques.
Finally we show you how to package your module for distribution.
You will require the following software to complete this tutorial:
- An installation of DotNetNuke 6.x
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- .NET 4.0
This video contains:
- System requirements
- Cleaning up the DotNetNuke default website
- Creating the empty ASP.NET web application
- Setting the DotNetNuke bin folder
- Creating the app_localresources folder
- Adding a referance to the DotNetNuke.DLL file
- Building the module folder structure
- Creating the SQLDataProvider script files
- How to configure build properties