2. Forum General Settings and Options Configuration
Jan 01, 2011
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the core DotNetNuke forum module.
The forum module allows users to have conversations in the form of posted messages. Each forum post is called a thread and includes a subject title and content.
The DotNetNuke core forum module has many configuration possibilities, these include setting up the forum so only certain users with security roles can view or post messages as well as require posted messages to be moderated.
Other options include quoting existing posts, allowing attachments, pinning and locking posts, emailing replies and managing user settings such as rankings, avatars, word filters and creating polls.
This module should cover most of your requirements for a forum in your DotNetNuke website.
This video contains:
- Notes and issues with the core forum module
- How to make sure the module is using the latest settings
- How to manage forum groups from within the forum admin screen
- Editing the name of the default discussions group
- How to edit a forum within a group
- Forum general settings
- How to enable / disable the forum
- Changing a forum name
- Adding a forum description
- Overview of the other general forum settings
- How to delete a forum
- Forum main options configuration
- Setting the forum type; Normal Forum, Notification Forum or Link Forum
- Description of the different forum behaviour types
- Public, private, moderated, moderated with post restrictions, no moderation, no moderation with post restrictions
- How to enable or disable forum polls, thread status and thread ratings
- Enabling / disabling the forum RSS feed
- Enabling the forum sitemap function
- Overview of the security grid
open source module