3. Forum Email, Creating Groups, User Settings
Jan 01, 2011
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the core DotNetNuke forum module.
The forum module allows users to have conversations in the form of posted messages. Each forum post is called a thread and includes a subject title and content.
The DotNetNuke core forum module has many configuration possibilities, these include setting up the forum so only certain users with security roles can view or post messages as well as require posted messages to be moderated.
Other options include quoting existing posts, allowing attachments, pinning and locking posts, emailing replies and managing user settings such as rankings, avatars, word filters and creating polls.
This module should cover most of your requirements for a forum in your DotNetNuke website.
This video contains:
- Forum email settings
- How to create a new forum in a forum group
- How to re-order the display of the forums
- How to delete a forum
- Creating a new forum group
- How to create a sub forum
- Testing the forum as a standard user
- Creating a new forum thread
- Ratings, bookmarks, tagging posts
- Standard user forum settings, bookmarks, notifications
open source module