8. Forum Content Configuration
Jan 01, 2011
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the core DotNetNuke forum module.
The forum module allows users to have conversations in the form of posted messages. Each forum post is called a thread and includes a subject title and content.
The DotNetNuke core forum module has many configuration possibilities, these include setting up the forum so only certain users with security roles can view or post messages as well as require posted messages to be moderated.
Other options include quoting existing posts, allowing attachments, pinning and locking posts, emailing replies and managing user settings such as rankings, avatars, word filters and creating polls.
This module should cover most of your requirements for a forum in your DotNetNuke website.
This video contains:
- Forum content configuration
- Content filter management
- How to filter spam and abusive word content from the forum
- Demonstration of the content filter and quick tips
- Rating management and how to enable forum thread ratings
- Ranking management and how to configure rankings for users
- Popular status management and how to configure how a thread becomes popular
open source module