1. DotNetNuke Search Engine SiteMap Configuration
Jan 01, 2011
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the DotNetNuke Search Engine Sitemap. This feature in DotNetNuke allows you to automatically create a XML Sitemap.
A Sitemap can be submitted to the search engines such as Google and they are a good way to inform the search engines about the pages on your website that they may not otherwise discover using their search bots.
A Sitemap provides a list of all the pages in your website and the date when the pages were last updated.
Sitemaps are particularly helpful if:
- Your site has dynamic content
- Your site has pages that aren't easily discovered by a search bot during the crawl process - for example, pages featuring rich AJAX or images
- Your site is new and has few links to it. (Search bots crawl the web by following links from one page to another, so if your site isn't well linked, it may be hard to discover it)
- Your site has a large archive of content pages that are not well linked to each other, or are not linked at all
DotNetNuke provides a built in tool to automatically create a XML sitemap and submit it to the search engines such as Google and Bing.
We walk you through creating a sitemap using DotNetNuke and how to submit it to Google using the Google Webmaster Tools.
This video contains:
- Search Engine SiteMap
- How to configure site map priority for a DotNetNuke page
- Sitemap URL
- How to view the sitemap.xml file and an explanation of the content
- Base page URL settings
- How to configure page level based priorities
- Exclude URLs with a low priority
- Days to cache sitemap
- How to clear the sitemap cache