9. DotNetNuke 6.x Basics - Setting Up a Forum and Creating a Community Section
Feb 01, 2012
In this collection of tutorials we show you how to build a website with DotNetNuke 6. We will cover the basics of setting up a range of different free standard DNN Modules.
We will create and configure the following pages:
- About Us - Text/HTML Module
- Contact Us - Feedback Module
- Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs Module
- Documents - Document Manager Module
- Executive Blog - DNN Blog Module
- Community Forums - Forum Module
- Links - Links Module
- Request a Quote - Form and List Module
- We also show you all the basic DotNetNuke administration techniques you will need to further develop your DNN website.
In this tutorial we show you how to create a community forum page and configure the basic settings of the DotNetNuke forum.
We combine the Forum and the blog pages of your new DotNetNuke site to create a community section.
This video contains:
- Adding the Forum Module to a page
- About forum groups and forums
- How to access the forum admin
- Where to add new forums and forum groups
- Creating your first forum post
- Creating a community page
- Moving the forum and blog to be children of the community page
- How to make a page redirect to another
- How to use the DotNetNuke core links module
open source module