11. DotNetNuke 6.x Basics - How to Customize the Default DNN6 Homepage
Feb 01, 2012
In this collection of tutorials we show you how to build a website with DotNetNuke 6. We will cover the basics of setting up a range of different free standard DNN Modules.
We will create and configure the following pages:
- About Us - Text/HTML Module
- Contact Us - Feedback Module
- Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs Module
- Documents - Document Manager Module
- Executive Blog - DNN Blog Module
- Community Forums - Forum Module
- Links - Links Module
- Request a Quote - Form and List Module
- We also show you all the basic DotNetNuke administration techniques you will need to further develop your DNN website.
In this tutorial we walk you through step by step how to customize and personalize the demo DotNetNuke 6 homepage.
We will add some dynamic content and modules to keep your homepage fresh and informative.
We first show you how to upload and insert images into the header banner; we then demonstrate how to link the social icons to your own social networking pages, finally we introduce a ‘latest posts’ module to our home page which updates itself whenever we post in our executive blog.
This tutorial is the last in the series of ‘How to build a website with DotNetNuke 6’ and so far we have creating all of our internal pages and built up a community section.
This video contains:
- Editing the main banner title
- How to change a link
- Swapping images
- How to upload a new image
- Adding the image alt tag
- Description of a transparent PNG image
- How to change the social icons link destinations
- Removing a social icon
- How to add a ‘latest blog posts’ module to your homepage