1. DotNetNuke 6.2 - Implementing the New Notification Area Into Your Skin
May 01, 2012
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to implement the new notification and messages area into your skins.
The notification area is a new social feature that has been introduced in Dotnetnuke 6.2, it informs the user of any unread messages or any notifications such as friend requests.
By default, all older skins will not display these new features so they need to be manually ‘switched on’.
The switching on process involves a fairly straight forward tweak to our skin file. We walk you through step by step how to make these changes.
If you don’t have any previous experience with skin ascx files, you might want to follow the DNNCreative "How To Build Skins For DotNetNuke 6.x" tutorial before you begin.
This video contains:
- Examining the new version of the Dark Knight skin
- Opening your website in Microsoft Visual Web Developer
- Introduction to the LegacyMode attribute
- Adding the LegacyMode attribute into your skin tokens