2. Creating the Three Controls: View, Edit and Settings
Nov 01, 2011
Building High-Performance modules in DNN6 with C# 4.0, LINQ2Entities, and Visual Studio 2010
In this DotNetNuke training series we show you how to build High-Performance modules in DotNetNuke6 with .NET 4, LINQ2Entities, and Visual Studio 2010.
We will be covering the entire process from start to finish, including how to setup Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, connecting to the DotNetNuke database, implementing the module, how to design your module for future development and creating controller classes.
After completing the module, we show you how to take advantage of DotNetNukes caching features to vastly improve module performance and then we cover Visual Studio debugging techniques.
Finally we show you how to package your module for distribution.
You will require the following software to complete this tutorial:
- An installation of DotNetNuke 6.x
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- .NET 4.0
This video contains:
- Registering the module in DotNetNuke
- Creating the View control
- Configuring the view .ascx file
- Adding classes
- Introduction to the three main DotNetNuke module controls
- Creating the Edit and Settings control
- Configuring DotNetNuke to use these new controls