3. Creating the DotNetNuke SEO Report Stage 1
Aug 01, 2011
In this DotNetNuke training series we demonstrate some of the vast capabilities of the Core DNN Reports module.
The reports module is capable of producing virtually any report from your DotNetNuke database (and other data sources), and technically the capabilities are only limited by the SQL knowledge of the report designer.
We will walk you through step by step how to create some simple SQL queries and use simple HTML mark-up to create several useful and interesting reports, from here you will be able to expand on and adapt these reports to your site needs.
We create the following reports:
- A list of all tables and columns within the DotNetNuke Database
- A list of users and their last activity date
- The number of users per security role
- The keywords, description and site map priority of all public pages (with page view and page settings links)
- Number of pages (tabs) created per user with links to a list of pages created by a specific user.
This video contains:
- Creating the SEO report page
- Selecting the columns containing the SEO information
- Using table name shortcodes within your SQL queries
- How to give a useful title to each group of information
- Introduction to filtering the results within the SQL query
- How to find the portal ID for use within the query
- Selecting only public pages from the database
- Selecting only pages from a specific portal
- Ordering the results by site map priority
open source module