1. Creating a DotNetNuke jQuery Announcements Slider
May 01, 2011
In this DotNetNuke training series we demonstrate how to adapt the standard DotNetNuke Announcements Module into a fully functional jQuery Announcements Content Slider.
This method allows you to present your announcements, latest work or even an image gallery in a professional, intuitive way.
We show you how to adapt the announcement template to use a div structure which is then picked up by a jQuery script allowing a user to ‘slide’ through each announcement using simple forward and back buttons.
We use two different jQuery scripts in this example, the first was created by copterlabs.com and this controls the main slide animation. The second written by George Smith applies an easing effect for a smoother animation.
This video contains:
- Creating a new page on your DNN website to contain the slider
- Adding the Announcements Module to the page
- How to create new announcements
- How to add the required files to your skin folder
open source module