2. Creating a DDR Menu Bootstrap Menu Template
Mar 01, 2013
In this tutorial we will walk you through step by step how to create a responsive skin for DotNetNuke 7 using the Twitter Bootstrap framework.
Bootstrap offers several powerful tools that can be a huge advantage to a DotNetNuke skin developer.
Some of these include:
- Various layout options: Bootstrap allows us to work with a variety of layout options such as the grid system, this grid system allows us to create pane layouts extremely quickly
- Default modern text and button styles
This tutorial will give you a solid template for creating your bootstrap based skins and containers. You will also learn some new techniques such as file inclusion using the new client resource management features.
This video contains:
- Creating the menu markup
- Preventing the Bootstrap menu conflicting with the admin menu
- Implementing the DDR menu within a DNN skin
- How to convert the bootstrap menu into a DDR menu
- How to display the portal title within a skin inside the Bootstrap menu
- How to add the login link to the Bootstrap menu using a skin token
- About the nav-collapse CSS class