2. Adding the DDR Menu to a Skin and How to Change Animation Settings
Nov 01, 2010
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the DDR Menu by DNN Garden in your DotNetNuke skins.
The DDR Menu can be used in several ways, it can be simply dropped in as a direct upgrade replacement of the SolPart and DNN Nav Menus without having to recode all of your skin CSS.
The menu can use pre-built templates which provide a combination of jQuery and CSS menus. The DDR menu comes with a Treeview menu, Superfish menu, Accordion menu, Dropdown menu, Artisteer menu and a Mega-menu template.
It is also possible to build your own custom menu templates as well as add the menu to a page as a module or skin object.
This video contains:
- Editing a skin.ascx file to switch from the default DotNetNuke DNN Nav Menu to the DDR Menu
- Adding a ‘register’ line of code into the skin file
- How to change the menu provider name
- How to create a new page to test the edited skin
- How to configure the animated effects using custom attributes within your skin file
- Where to find more skinning tutorials