1. How to Develop a Detached DNN Front End with React JS - Introduction, Installing and Designing a 2sxc App for a REST API
Jul 01, 2018
In this tutorial we'll be demonstrating how to build a detached, or headless DNN frontend with React.js. By headless, I mean we'll be building a basic standalone dynamic website completely detached from the DNN system, and any data will be pulled from the DNN backend via a REST API built with the 2SXC module.
Today, we'll be working on an example app to display a list of movies, and then in the next part we'll be significantly improving this react app to include some excellent Bootstrap 4 layout and some movie ordering and filtering techniques.
2SXC is a fantastic module allowing us to turn DNN into a decent content management system. Recent new features allow us to visually build REST API routes.
This video contains:
- How to download and install the 2sxc module
- How to create a 2sxc app
- Creating the movies content type
- How to add fields to the content type
- Field data type overview
- Field input type overview