By Lee Sykes
In this tutorial we demonstrate the new Content Staging Workflow options in the Community Edition of DotNetNuke 5.
The Community Edition of DotNetNuke from v5.1.1 onwards has seen an introduction of Content Staging, whereas the Professional Edition now also includes extra features such as the ability to create your own workflows and the option to setup an approval system.
We demonstrate the features that are available in the Community Edition.
The Content Staging Workflow options in the Community Edition of DotNetNuke apply to the Text / HTML module. We show you how to create a draft version, how to publish a draft version, how to view and preview the version history of the Text / HTML module as well as how to roll back to a previous version of the Text / HTML module.
This is a useful new feature for the Text / HTML module which makes it much easier for administrators to manage their content through the use of managing drafts and reverting back to previous versions.
The video covers:
Video 1 - DotNetNuke 5 Community Edition HTML Module Content Staging Workflow
- Demonstration of direct publish method using the Text / HTML module
- How to configure the Workflow option to Content Staging
- Draft >> Published
- How to create a draft version in the Text / HTML module
- How to view the version available to the general public
- How to publish the draft version
- How to view the Version History, Item History and Preview Content
- How to preview a previous version
- How to revert back to a previous version (roll back)
- Set as default workflow for site
Time Length: 8min 46secs