By Lee Sykes
In this tutorial we demonstrate how to configure which text editor DotNetNuke should use as default.
From v5.4 onwards DotNetNuke now uses the Telerik RADEditor. The Telerik RADEditor is a useful text editor that provides some enhanced functions over the FCKEditor, however there are certain functions missing from the Telerik RADEditor which appeared in the FCKEditor such as displaying toolbars related to a users security role and configuring the FCKEditor functions on a portal, module and page basis.
Because of this you may find that you need to switch the default text editor in DotNetNuke to the FCKEditor from the Telerik RADEditor, or vice versa. In this tutorial we show you how you can easily switch between the two text editors.
The video contains:
Video 1 - Introduction, Editing the Web.config file
- Explanation of differences between the Telerik RAD editor and the FCK Editor
- Demonstration that the Telerik Rad Editor is the current default text editor
- How to change the default text editor
- How to find the web.config file
- Making a backup of the web.config file
- Opening the web.config file in Visual Web Developer Express
- How to find the correct code to change in the web.config file
- Changing the default HTML editor provider entry
- How to set the FCK Editor as the default text editor
Time Length: 5min 50secs