By Lee Sykes
In this Free video tutorial we demonstrate how to install skins and containers in DotNetNuke 5.
If you have used an earlier DotNetNuke version, the installation has changed slightly, or if you are a beginner to DotNetNuke this should help you get up to speed quickly.
In this tutorial we walk you through downloading the DNN-Blue and DNN-Grey skins from codeplex which originally came as default with DotNetNuke v4.
The reason we are demonstrating installing these older DotNetNuke skins is that there are a lot of skins available to purchase from snowcovered.com as well as download for free and quite a few of them will still be classed as legacy v4 skins.
When you install a legacy skin into DotNetNuke 5, DotNetNuke will state that you are installing a legacy skin and provide you with some installation options, so this tutorial we help you to understand the installation options for legacy skins as well as learn how to install a DotNetNuke 5 skin.
There are minimal differences between a DotNetNuke v4 and v5 skin, the main difference is how it is packaged. A DNN4 skin is compatible with DNN5, but it is unlikely that if you purchase a DNN5 packaged skin it will be compatible with v4.
We also demonstrate how to install a skin to a single portal and to all portals in the DotNetNuke installation, as well as how to auto install a DotNetNuke skin using FTP.
The videos contain:
Video 1 - How to Install a Skin in DotNetNuke 5
- How to download the free DNN Blue and DNN Grey skins
- How to view the contents of a skin installation zip file
- The differences when installing a skin using the admin or host menus
- How to install a skin to a single DotNetNuke portal
- Install options when installing a legacy skin (DNN v4 skin)
- How to install a skin to all DotNetNuke portals
Time Length: 9min 17secs
Video 2 - How to Test a Skin, How to Auto Install a Skin
- How to test a skin on a single page
- How to apply a skin installed to the portal
- How to apply a skin installed to all portals
- How to auto install a skin using FTP
- How to initiate installation of the DotNetNuke skin
Time Length: 8min 57secs
Total Time Length: 18min 14secs