By Richard Wootton
This is a 22min podcast interview with Jeff Smith from Venexus discussing Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
The last time we had Jeff Smith with us was back in issue 4
where we talked about Search Engine Optimization. We have been lucky enough to get Jeff back after 2 years to share some more of his knowledge with us.
Here are some of the questions we asked Jeff:
- Has anything changed in DotNetNuke in the last 2 years that we can take advantage of and build on the techniques you already told us about?
- So let’s say we have created a site and have done everything we can to optimize it for the search engines, how do you get a search engine to visit the website in the first place and begin indexing the content?
- What current search engine marketing techniques do you use to promote a website?
- Could you explain what social search engines are?
- As social searching is more reliant on the users input, is there not a risk of social search engines being corrupted by spam or basically bad judgement of the users?
- What do you see as the next step or the future of search engines?