By Lee Sykes
This is an independent review of Scott McCullochs' Simple Gallery Module for DotNetNuke® V3.x. The review looks at the module for its features, useability, functionality, ease of use, stability and value for money.
This is a module for managing photos for DotNetNuke. The module displays the photos that have been uploaded through the module, thumbnails them and displays them in a gallery.
According to Scott, this module has been designed for simplicity due to frustration with other photo modules, e.g. they are too complex for most users. This module has been designed to work in a similar way to other core modules.
- Auto Resizing of images
- Auto Thumbnailing of images
- Bulk Import
- Slideshow of Images
- Configurable Options
- Simplified interface
- Bonus Random Image module
The sub-headings within the module review include the following:
- Introduction, Key Features, Purchasing
- Viewing a Photograph
- Albums and Sub-Albums
- Adding a Photograph
- Configuring the Module
- Resize Settings
- Search Feature
- Bonus Module: Random Image
- Pros, Cons & Summary
- The Module in Action
Alongside the review are 5 flash video walk throughs / tutorials totalling 22 minutes to demonstrate the modules features and uses.
- Overview of the features and how to install the module
- How to add an album and how to add a photograph to an album
- How to add sub-albums
- How to move images between the albums
- How to configure the module using View Options
- How to configure the Random Image module
This module is available to purchase by subscribing to Scotts' website.
Starting at $24.95 Subscription Fee
Purchase this module from: http://www.ventrian.com