By Lee Sykes
In this video tutorial we demonstrate how to install DotNetNuke v4.5.1 to Windows XP Home Edition using Visual Web Developer Express.
We walk you through how to configure and install the required programmes for installing DotNetNuke using a fresh installation of Windows XP Home.
Once we have setup and configured the required programmes we demonstrate how to install DotNetNuke.
For this tutorial we demonstrate how to install:
- ASP.NET 2.0 Framework
- Visual Studio Express 2005
- SQL Server Express 2005
- Windows Updates
- DotNetNuke 4.5.1
Note: In Windows XP Home Edition, Internet Information Services (IIS) is not available; it is only available to Windows XP Professional, so we demonstrate how to install DotNetNuke using the web server that comes with Visual Studio Express.
- Introduction and software required
- Setting up Windows XP Home for best performance
- How to download Visual Web Developer 2005
- How to install Visual Web Developer 2005
- How to download SQL Server Express 2005
- How to install SQL Server Express 2005
- How to update Windows XP Home
- How to download DotNetNuke
Time Length: 10min 31secs
- How to extract the DotNetNuke installation files
- How to organise the folders and files of DotNetNuke installations
- How to initiate the installation of DotNetNuke using Visual Web Developer
- Intranet settings in IE7
- Auto installation method
- Logging in and testing DotNetNuke
Time Length: 8min 51secs
Total Time Length: 19min 22secs
Visual Web Developer Express 2005
SQL Server Express 2005
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)