This is a 37 minute podcast discussion between Lee Sykes (DNNCreative) and David Finley from InteractiveWebs.com recorded on the 18th of October 2010. In this Podcast we discuss the complicated subject of email and SMTP inside and outside of DotNetNuke, we then talk about implementing mapping into your DNN website.
This podcast covers the following subjects:
- Email Setup
- Typical email problems in DotNetNuke
- What is SMTP?
- SMTP mail servers
- How you would typically experience SMTP servers outside of DNN
- What is POP3 / Exchange / Webmail?
- What traps are there with SMTP servers?
- IP lockdown
- Send Limits
- No relay
- Domain lockdown
- Ports and restrictions
- How does Google and Hotmail play with this?
- What do you need to know to configure SMTP in DNN?
- How to configure SMTP in DNN
- Traps with SMTP in DNN
- Admin email address
- Locked domain
- External domain limits or blocks
- Administrator email settings configuration
- Maps in DotNetNuke
- Introduction to Google Maps
- How maps can be useful for data research
- How maps can be useful for business and sales teams
- Map modules in DotNetNuke
- GeoSprawl DotNetNuke Locator module
- ZLDNN Advanced Biz Map module
- Google Earth
- Business data analysis
- Data mapped to suburbs
- Tally of all people in suburbs and 3D chart developed
- Immediately could see where largest registered number of users were on the map
- Telco provider able to plot footprint of tower and users
- Enables tracking of where next towers need to be built
- Locations of handsets at various times of days
Total time: 36min 55secs
Interview with Chris Chodnicki and Kevin Schreiner from R2integrated discussing Open Web Studio (OWS).
Recorded on the 13th of August 2008, Chris and Kevin talk us through Open Web Studio and some of its key features as well as offering some tips on DotNetNuke in general.