This is a Free independent
review of Efficion Consulting’s Articles Module V3.1.5 and V3.2 Beta for DotNetNuke® V3.1 by Lee Sykes.
Alongside the review are 9 Flash Video Walk Throughs / Tutorials totalling 41 minutes to demonstrate the modules features and possible uses.
Throughout these nine videos we work through practical examples of using the module with a music website.
The Articles module is basically an extension of the core's Announcements module. It adds several useful features including: listing can include an automatically thumbnailed image, article archives, searching, and Article details with Rich Text Editing (or option to link to Internal or External Page).
- Rich Text Editing: Users can create content through a Rich Text Editor
- Search: Users can search all articles in the portal
- Archive: Users can view all articles by clicking on the More Articles... link. Alternatively a custom link can be input to display a particular page or subset of articles
- Images: An image can be displayed for each article. Thumbnails are automatically generated based on a configrable MaxWidth parameter
- Featured Articles: allows users to mark an Article as Featured and the Article List has an option to display only featured articles
- Admins can choose which fields they want displayed in the ListView
- Site Wide option: The Article List can display Articles from anywhere in the portal, not just articles specific to the module in which they were created
- Incorporates Efficion's Categories Module to allow for filtering by category